Skipper Consulting is a well-established and growing engineering consulting firm specializing in traffic engineering and transportation planning in Birmingham, Alabama. We are currently seeking motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Entry Level Positions
Working under the direction of professional engineers, the successful candidates will assist with plan development, traffic analysis, field data collection, and report writing. Typical work activities include traffic engineering design, ITS design, traffic analysis/operations, transportation planning studies and/or transit planning. These positions will require some field work and occasional overnight travel.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in transportation, civil engineering or related major
- 0-2 years of experience;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills;
- Capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts;
- Strong work ethic and self-starter/learner;
- AutoCad, HCS Software, Synchro and VISSIM experience a plus.
- An E.I.T is preferred with the ability to ultimately obtain a P.E.
Skipper Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, health and dental insurance, disability, and a simple IRA plan. We support our employees with both on internal and external paid training. If interested in joining our team please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.